Re: RDFa and MicroFormats

On 03/07/2013 17:35 , Shane McCarron wrote:
> I note that somewhere along the line ReSpec was modified to generate
> microformat compatible classes for things like authors.  That's fine,
> and it is not *inconsistent* with RDFa.

It was definitely not meant to be :)

> However, the way it is written
> you get one or the other.

That's just an artefact of us being banned from shipping RDFa by default
because the validator rejected HTML+RDFa. If it were up to me, we'd
always ship microformats, and RDFa, and microdata.

> If you disable RDFa you STILL get microformats (since that is the
> default right now).

I think the validator accepts RDFa now, right? If so, I don't see the
point in having a way to disable it. ReSpec has the metadata, it should
be produced for all sorts of consumers without getting into politics.