Re: Editor's drafts on /TR/… ftw, was Re: new TR tools and editor's drafts?

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 14:05 +0100, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Again, it would be amazing if we could put Editor's drafts on /TR/. The only things that Editor's drafts would need to include is:
>
> 1. links to IPR relevant versions for the lawyers, including FPWD and any Lawyer Call (LC) and any Rec.

ok

> 2. Make sure that quality is maintained (PubRules must pass, including copyright, disclosure links, valid markup, valid CSS, no broken links, etc., etc.)

I'm worried about having such restriction on editor's drafts. A large
number of publication we're receiving has some errors (in general,
markup and/or broken links). I would bet that most of the editors'
drafts are broken in some fashion, and that's ok imho. In other words, I
would favor a more relax approach for editors' draft than for formal
publications.

> It could be a kind of continuous integration thing … or a two click "check my spec!" -> If all good? "Click here to put it on TR!".

Yes, but that's not going to happen in the short term. We made progress
on automation but those are only visible to the webmaster for the
moment. In addition, the webmaster is still facing a lot of exceptions
that he has to deal with manually (shortnames changes for example).

Philippe