Regarding XHTML format output

From: Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:52:57 -0500
To: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
I know that we have discussed eliminating the XHTML format / removing
support for it.  But today, for example, when I am publishing an updated
XHTML+RDFa specification and really want the spec in XHTML+RDFa format, the
support is still important.  I note that there are a handful of recent
changes that make the resulting output invalid.  I am absolutely willing to
submit fixes for this, but I want to be sure there won't be pushback from
people.

So, my question is "would anyone object if I were to update the XHTML
generation so that it generates valid output"?

--
Shane P. McCarron