Heads-up: Upcoming changes in the publication system backend and tr.rdf

From: Denis Ah-Kang <denis@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:01:26 -0400
To: W3C Team Chat <w3t@w3.org>, spec-prod@w3.org
CC: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

As you know, we are currently rewriting the publication system backend.
We are targeting a deployment in two or three weeks.

As plh said [1]:
[[
there will be no visible change from the point of view
of the editors and our site users. The main change will be in the back
end. However, the new DB will be a lot more flexible and will allow us
to add new information more easily.
]]

Main points:
* the primary data source is no longer tr.rdf [2] but a MySQL database
* tr.rdf is dynamically generated from the database (see [3] for an example)

Because of some inconsistencies in the RDF data, we expect a few spec
histories to be incomplete because of the migration to MySQL (some date
back to 1996!). Note that it will be easy to fix them as you report such
problems.

Denis

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2013AprJun/0024.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf