Re: Please don't shout or throw things at this respec newbie

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:40:53 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, spec-prod@frink.w3.org
Robin Berjon, Mon, 03 Jun 2013 22:17:26 +0200:
> On 03/06/2013 19:29 , Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> I have filed a bug for this, 3 moths ago:
>> https://github.com/darobin/respec/issues/157

>> Citing myself from that bug: ”There are 5 instances of document.write
>> in http://darobin.github.com/respec/builds/respec-w3c-common.js”

> That's actually a different bug entirely. The calls to
> document.write() only happen on documents that are returned by
> window.open(), which in turn should be about:blank HTML documents.
> Your bug is still open because it's still in my list of things to
> track properly down.

Hm - I think that it is the same bug *except* that I did not understand
what I was reporting … (I did not locate the bug.) And so I ended up
reporting something else. :-D

The problem that Henry reported (and which is the problem I have had)
is, I think, located in this line in require.js:

b === c ? bh.appendChild(p) : U(b).appendChild(p), p.innerHTML = n[1] +
l + n[2];

Web console of Firefox says:

[22:34:29.835]
   SyntaxError:
      An invalid or illegal string was specified @ <snip>require.js:3308

Question: Should it in theory work with require.js version 2.x ?

http://requirejs.org/docs/download.html#latest

--
Leif Halvard Silli