Re: Capitalization Wars

On 12/19/2011 10:08 PM, fantasai wrote:
> I have an issue filed on one of my specs for inconsistent capitalization, so I
> thought I'd post here and see whether there was any consensus on the correct
> capitalization rules. :) :)
>
> Pubrules is no help because it requires one style for "Status of this document"
> and a different style for "Table of Contents". (Yay!)
>
> Options under consideration:
>
> A. Titlecase Like This and This
> B. Sentencecase like this and this
> C. Titlecase for Top-Level Sections (<h2>), Sentencecase for lower-level sections
>
> Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for responding! I use the titlecase convention Tab describes,
but I'm hearing consensus on sentencecase.

Can we get Pubrules Checker updated so that it looks for "Table of contents"
instead of "Table of Contents"? If nothing else, it's silly that it requires
different capitalization for that and "Status of this document". I'll update
the CSSWG's template.

~fantasai