Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 18:41 +0000, Marcos Caceres wrote:
[...]
> As an example, there is no guarantee that "xmldig-core1" will
> eventually (when it goes to Rec) replace "xmldig-core". I would like
> that guarantee.

You can't have it.

Sometimes the new spec supplants the old and sometimes not.

For example, sometimes we publish a spec and the community by and large
rejects it; XML 1.1 was an example.

We have to deal with the world as it is, not with the world as we'd like
it to be :-)

Liam

The barefoot typographer