Re: References Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

On 12/1/2011 1:44 PM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Not in a printed version,

Another reason: whether we like it or not, links sometimes go 404, and
there certainly is a risk that if links are to undated versions, fragids
that once resolved may later fail to. Having a proper biblio entry this
provides redundancy and better conveys the intention of the link. If I see
a biblio entry, and the link fails (happens especially with IETF drafts
that tend to go missing when versioned), then I know what to go looking for.

Noah