Re: What are the requirements/problems? Re: Working on New Styles for W3C Specifications

On 12/1/2011 11:33 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> - proper hyperlinking to external resources: good. Bonus points for
> linking to a concrete section (as opposed to what HTML5 does, for
> example)
>
> - ...which implies: make it easy to link *to* the element; use section
> anchors that are as stable as they can be made

We have talked for years about a 'document API' - basically a set of
fragID conventions that make it easy to know HOW to link into the part
of the document you care about.  It would be super helpful to get that
documented too!

> - bibliography is still needed, so that a reader can get a quick
> overview over dependencies, and how mature they are. the IETF groups
> into normative and non-normative, and I think that's really useful.

Yes.  And whether it is a specific version of a spec or a specific and
future versions that are permitted.

--
Shane McCarron
+1 763 786 8160 x120