Re: Using GitHub for specification development

We've been using GitHub to generate the JSON-LD specs [1] [2]. It has, indeed, been useful for people to enter comments in-line, and we use the GitHub issue tracker instead of the W3C tracker. What this misses is automatically updating issues based on email threads referencing the issues; but this could probably to added with a fairly simple robot.

Changes are automatically checked out to http://json-ld.org, and commits are broadcast on IRC (#json-ld on irc.freenode.net).

Gregg

[1] http://json-ld.org/spec/latest
[2] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org