Re: [Tutorial] XMLSpec 2.9

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:46:48 +0900, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> Le 05-07-18 à 13:58, Karl Dubost a écrit :
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/rng/2.9/xmlspec.rng
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/rng/2.9/xmlspec.rnc
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/xsd/2.9/xmlspec.xsd
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/dtd/2.9/xmlspec.dtd
>>
>> I would like to know if the 4 schemas/dtd are completely equivalent?
>
> I have started things using the W3C XML Schema as my reference. The more
> I go on, the more I think that it would be almost neat to have an
> automatic generation of the doc from the schema or the opposite the
> schema from the doc.  That would avoid redundancy and synchronisation
> problems. :)

You might think of using the ODD model[1] from the TEI[2]. IT has been
developed for the purpose of schema language independent development of
schemas and schema documentation. Both is part of one document ("O"ne
"D"ocument "D"oes it all). From an ODD document, you can generate via XSLT
documentations and / or schema language specific schemas.

Cheers,

Felix

[1] http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/META/FASC-td.pdf and in general
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/META/