Re: TR references checker

Le mer 28/07/2004 à 17:50, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> * Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> >> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc-index.xml might be useful to extend it to
> >> check for RFCs.
> >
> >Dan Connolly had come up with a script that turns this HTML list in RDF:
> >http://www.w3.org/2001/02pd/rfcIndexGrok.pl
>
> Well, the script actually turns the text/plain index file into RDF and
> the document I referred to is XML not HTML... :-)

Oh, sorry for the confusion; I didn't look closely enough at the
references you gave; I guess I'll have to investigate it then :)

> >Hmm... In fact, due to the way the checker works as of today, this
> >wording would likely be more confusing;
>
> Well, I thought of something like
>
>   There are newer versions available for the following references:

>     | Reference | New version |
>
> That should not really confuse anyone...

That's my ultimate goal, but as it stands, I can't  systematically find
what's the new version of the draft; i.e., I know that a draft is
outdated if its URI is not in tr.rdf, but that's the only information I
have. Getting the latest version would require more processing.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org