Re: Auto-generated Bibliographies

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 11:26, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Any chance of getting a stable ID on each of the entries in that
> document?  Then I'll put together a two - stage XML Pipeline (XInclude
> plus XSLT) which will give everybody exactly what they want.

I'm not sure what you mean by stable... You have different keys that you
can use depending on what you need, but that may or may not be as stable
as you would wish:
* the rdf:about attribute for each document allows to retrieve the
information on a specific version of a document; but it disappears as
soon as a new version is published (we could probably set up a new
publication process where the informations on all the versions of the
document are kept)
* doc:version/rdf:resource allows you to retrieve the information on the
last version of a document.

More explicitly, one should only need to put:
<refbiblio href="http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/" /> to get all the
informations integrated in the final document using the data in
tr.rdf...

> Something of the form
>   . . . id="http:__www.w3.org_TR_2001_REC-SVG-20010904"
> would do the job.

I'm not sure we need to use another key but the URI of the latest
version.

> [Note that the nice overview at [1] is not quite as useful as it might
> be, because lots of the links therein are broken :-(]

Oops, thanks for the notice, I've fixed them.

Dom

> [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org