Re: BOF meeting to discuss XHTML and spec-prod at the W3C working group event at the end of February?

I wish I could attend the event (do you mean February 28?), but
unfortunately I can't make it.  I'd be happy to attend a telecon, though,
as this topic is definitely of interest to me as the XMLspec maintainer.

When XMLspec was developed, it was probably the first truly conforming XML
DTD in the world.  So partly it was an XML proof-of-concept, but some of
its more generic structures are reminiscent of HTML.  It didn't use HTML as
a base because it needed somewhat more structure in order to be more
tractable for interesting processing, such as producing multiple outputs
and adding lots of generated text.  XHTML wasn't even a twinkle in anyone's
eye yet (or maybe it was -- someone had brought up the idea of an "HTxML"
quite early).

I had lofty goals after the August meeting, but apparently W3C has not been
able to free up resources specifically for spec-prod projects, and my time
is more limited for XMLspec these days than I thought it would be.  (I was
hoping to have produced a V3.0 by now.)  So we may need to take baby steps...

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com