Re: Copyright issue

I added the copyright element in late 1999 precisely to address the
source/output copyright concern, though I don't know if anyone ever used
it.  It contains %hdr.mix;, which resolves to
(%p.class;|%list.class;|%ednote.class;)+.  I assumed that this would
accommodate, say, a paragraph of copyight statement information just
fine.  In what way does it not cover what the pubrules want?

Also, the notice element has been in there forever, and this could be used
for copyright notices.  (I can't remember what the original motivation was
for adding it.)

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com