Re: Questions about DOM-specific elements.

Ben Trafford wrote:

> Alternately,
> somebody could just ship me the XML source of a DOM spec with the
> stylesheet you're using, and I can figure it out from there.

I wish it was that simple. But the reality is that we don't currently
have any such thing as a stylesheet. Because the DOM spec predates XSL,
the DOM spec is generated with a quite complex set of scripts that will
be difficult to convert into a stylesheet. As Nico pointed out our
scripts are in Tcl and depend on a tool called COST. For one thing, not
only we generate the HTML, but we also generate the corresponding IDL,
the java binding with the javadoc, and the ECMAScript binding. And the
IDL and Java are both within the HTML spec itself and available as
separate files.

Many times the DOM WG has contemplated the idea of switching to XSL but
due to lack of resources we have not done anything yet. Being the person
who took over from the original contribution by Gavin Nicol and having
extensively changed/improved it, I probably now "own" most of the code
in there. So I could definitely help you do that though, and I'd be
happy to!
We should probably do that off line though.