Re: Questions about DOM-specific elements.

Ben Trafford wrote:
>         I'm working on the mother of all stylesheets for the XML-based
> specifications, and I need some explanation as to how to format the
> following elements, which appear to be specific to the DOM spec:

The MathML 2.0 Specification also contains a chapter and appendix
on a DOM for MathML. For this reason the Math WG also uses the DTD
fragment added by the DOM WG. The XSLT style sheets David Carlisle
and I have developed (one for HTML and one for LaTeX) contain
templates for most of the elements you list.

If you have access to the W3C CVS repository, you can find
the style-sheets in Math/Group/spec/style/html and
Math/Group/spec/style/pdf. Otherwise I can email them.

The DOM WG creates renderings with COST, a tool based on an
object-oriented variant of Tcl. I haven't looked at their
work, so I hope one of the DOM WG members will reply to
your question as well.

Regards,

Nico Poppelier
W3C Math WG, editor