Re: Use of HTML and CSS logos

Hello Logan,

> On 13 May 2021, at 22:31 , Logan Wyas <LoganW9999@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I am wanting to use the HTML and CSS logos for a board game I am designing. I have looked on your website, and I have seen that the HTML logo is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported. However, I have not found any information on use of the CSS logo, which, from my understanding, was also created by W3C.

You’ll find the usage information for the CSS logo here: <https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Buttons/Menu>
As you’ll quickly find out, it is designed for “web” usage, so in case your board game is an actual object, see below…

> If so, is it under the same licensing as the HTML logo? I was also wondering if there was any specific phrasing I should use when giving credit to the logo(s).

… for credit, I recommend simply “HTM5L and CSS logos by World Wide Web Consortium”.

Best regards,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org