Re: Fraud Attempt - Need help

Hello Roshniraj,

> On 16 Jun 2021, at 18:46 , Roshniraj Nambiar <roshnirajnambiar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> Today I received a call from Amazon and they asked me to type www.email.com, www.amazon.com and www.mybankname.com. In the validator, I got lot of warning and error tags.
>

> Are they fraud or they tried to help? Can you please guide me?

This sounds like attempted fraud to me, I am glad you took the time to write us to check.

The W3C validator is a checker for website quality, not a device that a retailler such as Amazon would ask any customer to use.

I think we already heard from other careful users like you of such a scam although I do not comprehend what the scammers are actually after, even after reading one of such reported issues here: https://github.com/validator/validator/issues/842

For my curiosity, could you say what the person you talked to was attempting to get out of you and the actions they had you try?

With kind regards,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org