Re: Unable to remove myself from a W3C group: https://www.w3.org/users/81476

Hello L Peter,

I am so sorry that you had that experience.

To leave the Music Notation CG, use this link:
 https://www.w3.org/community/music-notation/leave

I think the UX bug is this: I think you see the “leave” link on the group’s home page ONLY
if you are (1) in the group and (2) logged in. So my guess is that you were not logged in,
in which case you would only see a “join” link and not a “leave” link.

Apologies again for the frustration. Your report will help us fix the site,

Ian

> On Aug 27, 2017, at 12:16 PM, L Peter Deutsch <aemusic@major2nd.com> wrote:
>
> Dear W3C,
>
> After logging in to my account at w3.org, I have wasted over half an hour
> fruitlessly clicking around Web pages trying to figure out how to remove
> myself from the one group (Music Notation Community Group) in which I am
> currently enrolled.  My profile page has an "Edit Profile" button, but the
> edit page doesn't say anything about groups.  I tried going to the group's
> home page, but that didn't help either -- I saw nothing on the group's home
> page that had anything to do with changing my participation.  There are
> various other buttons on my profile page, but none of them seem to have
> anything to do with groups.  I feel this is really terrible user interface
> design.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm running a current version of Firefox
> with no add-ons other than JS Switch, and I do have JavaScript enabled.
>
>    Sincerely,
>
>       L Peter Deutsch

Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/