Re: What is the license of w3c ontologies and vocabularies?

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:38:31 +0200
To: team-legal@w3.org
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, site-comments@w3.org, "public-prov-comments@w3.org" <public-prov-comments@w3.org>, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
On Saturday 19 March 2016 09:33:10 Ivan Herman wrote:
> The only technical problem is that we cannot put it into JSON-LD files,
> simply because there is no possibility to add comments to JSON :-(
>
> I guess what this means is that we should add a triple to the RDF namespace
> documents. A simple:
>
> <URI_OF_NAMESPACE> <http://purl.org/dc/terms/license>
> <https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2015/copyright-software-and-document>

Cool, this would even be machine readable. We could also include a POE -
statement into the ontology itself. For the less technically savy, we can also
make a document that points via URI to the ontology in question and is giving
the appropriate permissions by pointing to the Software license. In fact, this
would be a human readable triple :)

 --Rigo