Re: IP blocked due to re-requesting files too often

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 12:46:46 +0100, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:50:50 +0100, Кузьмин Владимир <mail@prime-gr.ru>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> Today I tested website that we develop. After, maybe, 10 or 15
>> requests, I received a message that my IP "blocked due to re-requesting
>> files too often".
>> "The specific type of abuse we observed is: re-requesting the same
>> resource too frequently. Specifically, we received at least 500
>> requests for the same resource (URI) from your IP address within a
>> ten-minute time interval. "
>>
>> It is technically impossible. We are a small company(8 people), and I
>> was certainly the only one who used the W3C validator at this time.
>>
>> Is it possible to be removed from ban list in less than 24 hours?
>> Because I believe there were some kind of error on your side. Or maybe
>> see what kind of requests were made from our IP(Our IP is
>> 90.188.249.140)?
>>
>> P.S. I am sorry for my English
>
> Thank you for writing.
>
> I am sorry you are experiencing issues validating.
> I have forwarded your message internally for investigation; I will let
> you know of the outcome.

Based in part on your feedback and general feedback recently, we have
updated the abuse system to allow up to 150 requests every
10 minutes and if someone gets banned, they'll have to wait 2 hours.

Best regards,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org