Re: Community Groups: publishing 2d draft of a report

On Aug 26, 2013, at 5:46 AM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:

> On 13 August 2013 20:43, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>
>  Hi Ian,
>
>> I'm back from vacation. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
>
>  Thank you for your response.  I finally could have a look again at this issue.
>
>> Some options that come to mind:
>
>> * Leave things as they are, with two drafts listed on the CG home page.
>> * Remove one of the drafts and replace the "latest version URI" with a URI to a group
>>   wiki page (or Wordpress page) that lists all the drafts.
>> * Remove one of the drafts (say, the later one) and edit the specification in place at
>>   http://expath.org/spec/binary/20130312
>
>  I think the ideal solution would to adapt the links to the W3C
> Community Groups conventions, namely having one draft per report (so
> removing the second one) pointing to a permanent URL with always the
> latest version of the draft (since we name different versions of the
> drafts, I've added a redirection from */latest to the latest draft).
> So could you:
>
>  1) remove the second publication announcement for "Binary Module"
> dated 2013-08-03
>
>  2) adapt the URLs of the drafts by changing the date at the end with "latest"
>
>  That is from the current list at the top of the EXPath CG homepage:
>
> 2012-07-18    Packaging System    <http://expath.org/spec/pkg/20120509>
> 2012-07-23    File Module        <http://expath.org/spec/file/20120614>
> 2013-03-13    Binary Module        <http://expath.org/spec/binary/20130312>
> 2013-04-03    Web Applications    <http://expath.org/spec/webapp/20130401>
> 2013-08-03    Binary Module        <http://expath.org/spec/binary/20130731>
>
> to the following:
>
> 2012-07-18    Packaging System    <http://expath.org/spec/pkg/latest>
> 2012-07-23    File Module        <http://expath.org/spec/file/latest>
> 2013-03-13    Binary Module        <http://expath.org/spec/binary/latest>
> 2013-04-03    Web Applications    <http://expath.org/spec/webapp/latest>
>
>  I think this is what respects best the CG conventions…

That looks fine. Let me know when the specs are available at those URIs. I'll ask the
Systems Team to do both of those actions.

Note: This week the W3C staff is working on other projects as well and on our end the changes may not
happen immediately.

Ian

>  Thank you for your help!  Best regards,
>
> --
> Florent Georges
> http://fgeorges.org/
> http://h2oconsulting.be/

Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447