Re: W3 still a leader in inconsistency and hypocrisy

On 20 Jan 2011, at 7:51 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

> As the main site's CSS has recently changed, revisiting the issues
> raised in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2009Nov/0048.html
>  and its progeny now seems appropriate.

Hi Felix,

Regarding point 2 first: why not HTML5 yet? I am sure we'll get there.
It's a question of resources primarily.

Regarding the QA tip on setting a default font size: I have not
received feedback from many users that the site is unusable with the
current settings. I am merely reporting that fact, not concluding
anything from it.

The QA tip articulates the principle (respect user prefs) and the
practical consideration. I am sorry that you think I am being
hypocritical in trying to document the situation as I understand it.

If you have suggestions for improving the tip so that people
understand the story fully, I can certainly try to improve the page.

   Ian