Re: can't find info

On 26 Aug 2009, at 11:34 AM, Sandra Silva wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> Not quite sure how important being validated with W3C is but I did
> validate 5 of my pages so far for XHTML Strict.  Please help a
> sister out here, though, I notice talk on your site about html 5 and
> want to know if I am wasting my time validating for XHTML Strict?
> IE makes my pages look different that Safari or FireFox which is a
> known problem for any code on any website. What do you recommend? I
> have 20 more pages to correct and don't want to waste time and I
> would rather do it right the first time.  Any quick response and
> help is appreciated.  : )

Hello Sandra,

HTML 5 is not yet a standard. You could also try XHTML 1.0
Transitional or even HTML 4 Transitional.

If the page looks different on various browsers (especially comparing
IE6 with Safari/Firefox), then it is likely an issue of style sheets
(CSS) rather than HTML. Unfortunately I won't be able to help you
debug that issue. But there is a lot of information available through
search engines about designing CSS to work across browsers. You might
start at "A List Apart" for some pointers.

  _ Ian