Re: W3C specs reformatted

* Janet Daly wrote:
>> This email concerns the reformatted W3C specs that I made. Only this late I
>> am asking you for the permission to do/distribute those versions:
>> [...]
>
>Thank you for your request. Susan Lesch of the W3C Communications team
>provided an earlier response, on the site-comments mailing list:
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2004May/0051.html
>
>But what remains is whether what you are proposing to do complies with
>the Document License at W3C:
>
>http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231
>
>No right to create modifications or derivatives of W3C documents is
>granted pursuant to this license. So, changing the stylesheets and
>republishing them is not permitted.
>
>I appreciate your caution and request, but inform you that it is not
>possible for these to be published.

Janet, <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#format>, are
you saying that this request does not comply with these terms? Or that
it does comply with these terms but W3C rescinds the right to distribute
the work because it finds that it leads to confusion regarding the
original document's status or integrity? Or that W3C rescinds the right
for reasons you do not cite? I am concerned that what you say here and
in

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2004May/0064.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2004May/0065.html

is that W3C never grants permission for derived works including
translations, annotated specifications, and reformatted work. You keep
saying that the IPR FAQ does not apply for reformatted works, even
though such works are explicitly covered there. I would welcome your
clarification why what you say here does not contradict the IPR FAQ.

regards.