RE: Where can I send test emails?

Jimmy Cerra wrote:

>I checked the list W3C mailing list, and there seems to be a few
>inactive test emails.  Unfortunately, they don't seem to accept incoming
>email any more.
>
>>  All W3C mailing lists are archived with literal characters, in other
>>  words markup will show.
>
>However, URLs seem to be changed into hyperlinks (although the software
>sometimes makes annoying mistakes).  The information on mailing list
>format, such as mime-types accepted (text/plain, text/html,
>application/xml...), font/markup, line length, and others, really should
>be added as a note on the main page [1].

Simon, do you think a note could be added to [1] explaining how W3C
archives treat incoming URIs (see the original question, too at [2])?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Mail/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/site-comments/2003Jun/thread.html#14

>One other question:  What's the line length, then?

The incoming line length is preserved in W3C archives. (Again, copying
Gerald Oskoboiny in case I make a mistake there.)
--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819