Re: Your Web Standards

rei ayanami wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> If I understand your site properly, you are advocating
> that everyone must use a browser in which Java-script
> cannot be disabled at need.

Hello,

Can you indicate whether you saw this position
advocated?

You will find your position strongly supported
by the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
(UAAG) 1.0 Recommendation [1] in a number of places:

  3.4 Toggle scripts

    1. Allow configuration not to execute any executable content
       (e.g., scripts and applets).

  5.3 Manual viewport open only

    1. Allow configuration so that viewports only open on
       explicit user request.

The UAAG 1.0 emphasizes user control. W3C does not
advocate that everyone use a browser in which Javascript
cannot be disabled.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/

> I feel this is a mistake as it allows internet sites
> too much control of my browsing. I refer specifically
> to unwanted Pop-ups which appear on far too many
> webpages these days.
>
> If you could champion a campaign ro end all Pop-ups,
> then I'm behind you all the way. However I will never
> enable Java-script.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447