Re: Open letter urging to pause AI

Hello everyone,

It's a mix of pleasure and intriguingness to be contemporaneous in a time
where the market leader of a given Niche is literally asking the *world* to
stop producing a little bit, even knowing that the Market is thirsty for
the productions.

IMHO, it is like if in the very middle of the first industrial machinery
revolution, the textil best-sellers asked Lyon to stop producing machines.
Intriguing.

Personally, I cannot tell if it is a hype, actually intended to get the
opposite result of the transmitted intention, given this social psychic
disruption altering the way of thinking and being; or, indeed, if it really
projects fears about enormous interpersonal dislocations in terms of
professional activities.
After all, perhaps AI will change our perceptions about the essentiality in
our exchange currencies.

But, as it had being stated,

[...]. Hence, we may struggle to maintain civil order and discourse during
> the disruptions to job markets ahead of us, all while being flooded with an
> unprecedented amount of content (e.g., fake videos) with super-human
> social/cognitive engineering skills.

We, as humanity, probably have more priority problems to deal with, if and
only if we could get a certain amount of redirected efforts towards the
right spots.

[ ]'s .

--
Gabriel Lopes
*Interoperability as Jam's sessions!*

*How interoperable are we with the Music the World continuously offers to
our senses?*
*Maybe it depends on our foundations...?*