Re: W3C position on URIs http:// vs. https://

:-)

there is no such thing as "using a http URI for downloading" in the
semantic web .

what you can download is a document from a specific URL (mind the L) which
contains well specified serializations of RDF triples the subject of which
will be a URI.

it's a matter of linked data deployment:

curl -L -H "accept:text/turtle" http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard

can respond with HTTP 303, Location: https://www.turnguard.com/turnguard.ttl
(containing triples with http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard as the subject)

in short a URI is not a URL ;-)

*Jürgen Jakobitsch*
Director of Infrastructure & Information Security
Semantic Web Company GmbH
EU: +43-14021235 <+43%201%204021235>
US: (415) 800-3776
Mobile: +43-676-6212710 <+43%20676%206212710>
https://www.poolparty.biz
https://www.semantic-web.com

*Download E-Book*: Introducing Semantic AI
<https://www.poolparty.biz/machine-learning-meets-semantics/>