Re: Where has the FOAF spec gone ?

Hi Peter,

I couldn't agree more with you. The lack of such processes/collaboration
space and "easy to use" open-source tooling in the semantic space was why
we'd built plow.pm, including a hosted registry that is designed for
federated use. It's the same as you know it from modern package managers
like npm, crates, etc.

One aspect is collaboration in the process of further advancing ontologies.
But with that, you want to have version stability so that the community can
rely on version availability, not being forced to update and upgrade as
external parties apply changes implicitly. For the public packages we've
put on the registry, we coordinate pre-submission questions and
clarifications in a public GitHub repo, including a lint on PRs.

Ideally, we could also see more modularization in ontologies, e.g. a core
foaf ontology and package dependents that localize aspects or optionally
extend domain-specific elements.

By that, it would also be more accessible/ more engaging to contribute and
use those ontologies.

Best,
Daniel

—
Daniel Fiebig
CTO
+49 151 27518313

Field 33 GmbH
Cuvrystraße 4, 10997 Berlin

Web: www.field33.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing Director: Sebastian Wohlrapp & Daniel Fiebig |
Sitz / registered office: Stuttgart | Amtsgericht / District Court:
Baden-Württemberg | Handelsregister / Commercial Register: HRB 769877 |
USt-ID / VAT: DE325559439