Re: Where has the FOAF spec gone ?

Ah, FOAF - very much a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curate%27s_egg

I think the perceived wisdom is that FOAF is pretty much never going to change.
You will notice that the “status” of all the properties we know and love is “testing”, with the rest being “unstable” or “archaic” (I think).
Personally I would be horrified if I had to start tracking FOAF changes in the dozens (or more) of Linked Data sources I generate or consume.
If I couldn’t rely on FOAF being substantially unchanging, I might decide to avoid it altogether, and use an ontology of my own, that I could control - hardly good for the Semantic Web.

The value of making any useful changes is likely to be very much outweighed by the consistency problems with legacy RDF.
We should celebrate that FOAF has been so widely used that legacy is an issue!

By the way, your example seems wrong to me.
FOAF has givenName and familyName
And the specs for these say: "Support is also provided for the more archaic and culturally varying terminology of firstName and lastName.”
And then of course there is “name”.

(There are quite a few others there, if you really want them, but they are “archaic” - givenname and surname, as well as family_name.)

Best
Hugh