Re: Identifiers with context

Thanks Dave,
Yes, in general, I find DC(terms) problematic, and best to avoid.
It still carries too much heritage of strings.

In particular, both dct:creator and dct:subject currently say "a literal value that identifies the creator/subject may be provided.”.

That’s OK if you are in your own little world, but if you are ingesting from a number of sources, things can go very wrong.
And in the wild in the past, I found that dct:creator and dct:subject very often had string ranges (I’ve not looked much recently).

If you are publishing, your consumers will have to assume that the range is a string, when in fact you want them to know it is a URI.

Hugh