Re: RDF lists/arrays and n-ary relations [was Re: OWL and RDF lists]

On 20/09/2022 00:17, David Booth wrote:
> Hi Pierre-Antoine,
>
> On 9/18/22 21:36, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
>> it seems to me that RDF + Shapes + Ontology gives you all this already:
>
> Agreed, but that kind of illustrates the point: yes, these things are
> *possible* to do using RDF, but they are substantially more difficult
> than they should be.  Objects (composed of key-value pairs, which can
> also give us n-ary relations) and arrays are so basic to developers,
> they should be *easy*, not merely possible.

I totally agree.

However, I am more inclined to handle this as an extra layer on top of
the core of RDF, than by making the core more complex.

For example, JSON-LD provides such an extra layer, as it is designed to
let people use it as "plain" JSON if they want to, handling objects,
lists... as one is used to. (I'm not implying, of course, that JSON-LD
solves all the problems -- only illustrating my point above.)

   pa

>>> https://github.com/w3c/EasierRDF/issues/20