Syntactic Options for Probabilistic Semantics

From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 06:34:34 +0000
To: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Semantic Web Interest Group

Hello. I was recently reading about probabilistic semantics and considering notational options with respect to N3.

Brainstorming, we could, in a manner resembling other @-based directives in N3, express:

@p(0.95) . { domain:X domain:r domain:Y . }

Also, beyond [0, 1] scalars per fuzzy logic, there are multivalued logics, e.g., neutrosophic logics which describe every logical variable x as being described by a triple: x = (t, f, i), where t is the degree of truth, f is the degree of false, and i is the level of indeterminacy. We could express this in a manner resembling:

@p(t: 0.95, f: 0.05, i: 0.0) . { domain:X domain:r domain:Y . }

What do you think of these syntactic options for expressing probabilistic semantics in N3-based languages? Do any other ideas come to mind for notations with which to express probabilistic semantics in N3-based languages? Thank you.

Best regards,
Adam Sobieski