Re: Where has the FOAF spec gone ?

Le jeu. 3 nov. 2022 à 17:50, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> a écrit :

> On Wed, 2 Nov 2022 at 15:34, Thomas Francart <thomas.francart@sparna.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/ redirects to an old, 2004 version of the
>> spec, since at least a couple of months.
>>
>> This is bad signal. Can anyone please restore the current version ? I
>> imagine it has been archived somewhere ?
>>

> This is my fault! I screwed up a move between providers, and need to find
> a day or so to bring it back properly instead of a quick fix that builds
> (yet more) technical debt.
>
> One blocker I hit was that I tried to use
> https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git to convert the SVN archive into
> something we can import into Github.
>
> The previous git(hub) conversion and import was for some reason only until
> 2004, and it's what I've used so far to bring things back.
>
> https://github.com/foaf/foaf/tree/master/xmlns.com/htdocs/foaf/0.1
>
> Apologies for the outage, but it's nice that folks miss this!

Thanks Dan ! I hope to see it back online.
I am teaching web of data to professionals, FOAF is a must-read in this
context, that's why I miss it.
BTW I always thought this FOAF diagram of yours would make a nice addition
to the FOAF spec document :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/1856478164/in/photostream/

Cheers
Thomas