Re: Where has the FOAF spec gone ?

On Wed, 2 Nov 2022 at 15:34, Thomas Francart <thomas.francart@sparna.fr>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/ redirects to an old, 2004 version of the
> spec, since at least a couple of months.
>
> This is bad signal. Can anyone please restore the current version ? I
> imagine it has been archived somewhere ?

This is my fault! I screwed up a move between providers, and need to find a
day or so to bring it back properly instead of a quick fix that builds (yet
more) technical debt.

One blocker I hit was that I tried to use
https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git to convert the SVN archive into
something we can import into Github.

The previous git(hub) conversion and import was for some reason only until
2004, and it's what I've used so far to bring things back.

https://github.com/foaf/foaf/tree/master/xmlns.com/htdocs/foaf/0.1

Apologies for the outage, but it's nice that folks miss this!

In the early years btw we served FOAF from a Pentium 133 linux box in a
spare room, over a domestic internet connection. And still had better
uptime than MIT. I think that's a good thing to remember for 2023...

Cheers,

Dan