Re: Looking for a maintainer of the RDFa Python package

Hi Dan,
On 23 Mar 2022 at 08:37 +0100, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 06:08, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > many years ago I developed a Python module, on top of RDLib, to extract RDF from HTML+RDFa pages; the module is on github[1]. The library seems to be fairly solid; the only change I made a while ago was to adapt it to Python3 as well (ie, the module works with both deployed versions of Python on top of the latest major version of RDFLib). The library is also what drives an RDFa extraction service at W3C[2].
> >
> > However… I have recently retired and, although I still maintain some activities at the W3C, I do it on greatly reduced hours. Maintaining this library, possibly developing it further as RDFLib evolves, etc, is not something I can commit myself to do any more. I am looking for a person (or persons) who would be willing to take over this responsibility...
>
> Thank you for all your work on this - it has been an important piece of software.
>
> Would contributing it into the rdflib project be a possibility ? Obviously it would still need individual contributors but perhaps the umbrella project could help provide a sustainable home for it?

I am not sure what you mean by “contributing it into the rdflib project”… The repository is under the RDFLib “organization” of github right now, alongside a number of other projects that evolve around RDFLib. I do not think there is anything more to it, but I may be wrong about it.

Nevertheless, I have also raised a github issue[1] cc-ing to the relevant github team; maybe there will be takers from that community.

Thanks

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/RDFLib/pyrdfa3/issues/38