Re: Looking for a maintainer of the RDFa Python package

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 06:08, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> many years ago I developed a Python module, on top of RDLib, to extract
> RDF from HTML+RDFa pages; the module is on github[1]. The library seems to
> be fairly solid; the only change I made a while ago was to adapt it to
> Python3 as well (ie, the module works with both deployed versions of Python
> on top of the latest major version of RDFLib). The library is also what
> drives an RDFa extraction service at W3C[2].
>
> However… I have recently retired and, although I still maintain some
> activities at the W3C, I do it on greatly reduced hours. Maintaining this
> library, possibly developing it further as RDFLib evolves, etc, is not
> something I can commit myself to do any more. I am looking for a person (or
> persons) who would be willing to take over this responsibility...

Thank you for all your work on this - it has been an important piece of
software.

Would contributing it into the rdflib project be a possibility ? Obviously
it would still need individual contributors but perhaps the umbrella
project could help provide a sustainable home for it?

Dan