Re: EasierRDF

Hello All,

On 2/14/22 3:48 PM, William Van Woensel wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> What I mean is that nobody (slightly tongue-in-cheek) cares about
> what's IN the ontology, descriptions, labels, OWL.  People use
> schema.org <http://schema.org>for the name spacing and the SEO.
> People care about name spacing, they dont care about inferencing.
> It's hard to even find wide spread examples of inferencing used in the
> wild

I'm not going to get into this thread in depth, only to pipe in - like I
do sometimes - to say that we have a working example of inferencing
being used in the wild  and it is is of both great utility as well as
prone to producing some extremely curious results - mostly because I
don't prune the results intentionally. I let the inferencing reveal
whatever it is going to reveal from the SKOS based and subclass
hierarchies in DBpedia and Wikidata.

https://imagesnippets.com

you can just pick a few upper level abstract words or phrases to search
for on the front page.

Try: 'communication medium'  as an example.

When you see something that looks odd visually, there is a button to
'find search paths' - it generally takes at least 30 seconds or more to
run, but will eventually show the path traversed through the links and
this is extremely revealing about ontology work in general.

The results are sorted by the properties.

Margaret Warren
IHMC/ImageSnippets