Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

Peter Patel-Schneider wrote:
> So I'm waiting for some security expert sign-off on the entirety of the
> proof algorithms in Linked Data Proofs 1.0, and also for an open-source
> reference implementation of the algorithms.   I don't think that the WG
> should start until both of these have been made available.

Multiple open source reference implementations, a corresponding test suite,
and higher-level Verifiable Credential libraries that used the RDF Dataset
Canonicalization algorithms were provided to you here (over a week ago):

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2021May/0126.html

As for your request for "security expert sign-off" -- please mention who,
specifically, that you would like to sign off on the implemented algorithms.
Or at least, provide an extensive and complete list of qualifications you'd
like to see for the "security expert". The people that have reviewed the work
to date over the last 8+ years don't seem to be meeting your nebulous set of
qualifications and I expect you will have to be far more precise regarding
your "security expert" definition.

This sort of "expert review" (which has been done to the degree that has
already been documented) is also one of the reasons we convene W3C Working
Groups... so demanding it all happen before a group is created tends to defeat
one of the reasons for creating the group in the first place.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches