Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

I think Lars was making a much simpler point, but am likely to be wrong. :-)

Surely none of this is about anything agreed to be "factual" (the OED says a "fact" is "a thing that is known or proved to be true.")
And saying the RDF being signed is factual takes us down a bad road of an implication that because something is signed, it has some inherent truth property.
It is seductive, and I see Phil says "At the time we signed it, the statements were true".
I would have thought it was more like  "At the time we signed it, the statements were what we wanted to sign."
So "simple statements expressed in RDF" seems more accurate to me.

Best
Hugh

--
Hugh