Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> So who is responsible for the changes to Linked Data Proofs 1.0 between
> September 2019 and December 2020?

Back in 2016-ish, a large W3C Member company requested that we separate the
Linked Data Signature work from the Credentials Community Group. They said
they wanted to join the former, but not the latter due to IPR reasons.

So, we went to the trouble of splitting the group out and doing a new CG so
that they could join. We waited for 3 years for them to join, and then when it
became obvious that they weren't going to, we closed the group and migrated
all the specifications back to the W3C Credentials Community Group.

The W3C CCG has been in charge of those specifications since we closed the
DVCG down.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches