Re: Visualizing RDF graphs in Jupyter notebooks

On 2/24/2021 10:00 AM, Martin Hepp wrote:

[snip]
> IMO, the challenge of visualizing RDF graphs is not very RDF specific but touches the general challenges of rendering such structures and to carefully choose the layout, filtering of aspects, etc. so that the result is a meaningful visual way of communicating the essential information.
>
> In contract, I found most "naive" RDF visualizations of very limited practical use.

+1.  I have found it very hard to display anything beyond toy graphs in
a way that is very useful.  "Concise bounded descriptions" can be
useful, though they often require some knowledge of the data structures.
  By contrast, displaying a graph in a notebook should be fairly
straightforward.  If all else fails, you could write the graphic output
to a file and display the file in a notebook page.

Once you have that working, and more important, have made good progress
in how to display a helpful graph of a complex RDF data set, we'd all
want to see it right away!