RDF/POST syntax draft

From: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 00:06:23 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, public-declarative-apps@w3.org, esl@ariadnegenomics.com
Hi all,

I'd like you to draw your attention to the RDF/POST specification
draft we have published:
https://atomgraph.github.io/RDF-POST/

From the abstract:
"RDF/POST is a syntax for encoding an RDF graph as HTTP GET URL query
string or POST form-urlencoded request body. It can be used for
building RDF editing interfaces with plain HTML forms (no JavaScript
required)."

It is a simple yet very useful specification which should be much more
widely known than it is.
AtomGraph Core has included a Jena-compatible RDF/POST parser for a
long time now:
https://github.com/AtomGraph/Core/blob/master/src/main/java/com/atomgraph/core/riot/lang/RDFPostReader.java
All the RDF editing UIs in Web-Client and LinkedDataHub render HTML
forms with embedded RDF/POST inputs.

The original RDF/POST document by Sergei Egorov was hosted for years
on this URL:
http://www.lsrn.org/semweb/rdfpost.html

However we noticed recently that the domain is down. The original
document can be found on the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191209025244/http://www.lsrn.org/semweb/rdfpost.html

Feedback and pull requests are welcome. The HTML can be found here:
https://github.com/AtomGraph/RDF-POST/tree/gh-pages

I hope it will be of use.

Martynas
atomgraph.com