Re: Straw Poll: What is the most widely deployed RDF serialization in 2020?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 22:21:28 +0200
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 09:16, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> 5.) is also JSON-LD, to be clear. It is used on many millions of websites.
> There is also a lot of RDFa and Microdata out there.

Thanks for the info Dan!

Not meaning to be pedantic here, but while the vast majority of data
islands are indeed of type application/ld+json, there's nothing that I know
if that prevents you from having another content type in the script tag:

https://github.com/linkeddata/rabel/blob/master/test/html/xml-data-island.html

Here is an example used by timbl which uses the (perhaps outdated)
application/xml content type

I could imagine other content types being used too, e.g. text/turtle or
simpey application/json

I'm collecting links around standardization of this pattern, so please pass
any on if you have any.  But perhaps it's so simple that, that would be
over kill