RE: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Yes. I would suggest that UCUM codes (which generally match familiar units symbols) should be used in queries and APIs.
UCUM used the solidus `/` for 'per' or 'divided by' which needs to be escaped in many webby contexts, but allows negative exponent as an alternative, which does not.
So there is a little wrinkle there.

QUDT (if it was fully populated) can provide a full description when needed.
The QUDT syntax for 'dimensionVector' is a useful contribution
- e.g. http://qudt.org/vocab/dimensionvector/A0E0L3I0M0H0T0D0
for volume http://qudt.org/vocab/quantitykind/Volume
which is the quantity kind for e.g. cubic-metres http://qudt.org/vocab/unit/M3 and litre http://qudt.org/vocab/unit/L