Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

On 7/23/20 3:02 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Every couple of years I stumble across UCUM
> (http://unitsofmeasure.org/trac ->
> http://unitsofmeasure.org/trac/wiki/TermsOfUse) before being scared away
> by the prickly terms of use document. It is not a document that seems to
> welcome re-use.

Indeed, Regenstrief does not seem to want any competing standard to
develop.   The license says:

"users shall not use any of the Licensed Materials for the purpose of
developing or promulgating a different standard for identifying units of
measure"

This is understandable in a way, since competing standards dilute the
value of having standards.  But it would be a roadblock if UCUM does not
meet all needs.

Are there other concerns about the license?  That's the only issue that
I noticed.

David Booth