RE: Structured literals - was RE: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Yes it would. Since JSON-LD _is_ RDF, I don't think that is a particularly useful case.

> > The argument for moving some kinds structured data over to the other
> > side of the RDF|Data boundary is that the operations that are
> > generally carried out on those are (in this case) geometric/algebraic
> > rather than logical, and thus use different engines.
>
> If in general the operations carried out on RDF are logical and the operations
> carried out on geo:gmlLiteral are geometric/algebraic, can GeoSPARQL be
> considered a proof that at times, you need to operate on both sides in the
> same query ?

Yes. A GeoSPARQL engine has extra capabilities, to deal with geometry operations, which a generic SPARQL engine does not.

A limited set of DateTime handling appears to be built-in to generic SPARQL - https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#OperatorMapping and  https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#func-date-time It gets a pass because xsd:dateTime is inherited from XML. A full TimeSPARQL would add the ability to reason against Allen's interval calculus as described in OWL-Time [1] and the extension for other relations [2].

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-rel/