Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 08:28:05AM -0400, Thomas Passin wrote:
> the same points if they are not (and yes, I know that it could be considered
> a nice philosophical question whether they are "really" the same, but let's
> not enter in that here).

Isn't it the whole point of the current (sub)discussion ?

Would you say that in the real world there are several different
literals that can have the value "hello" or would you say that two
literals that have the same value can be considered to be the same ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_interning shows that some
programming languages store only one copy of immutable strings (or
immutable composite values/immutable structs in some cases) even when
these strings that have the same value are created at different places
and times in the program.

Why would you call that question "philosophical" ? Do you mean it is
irrelevant ? If you think it is irrelevant, could you explain why ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat